At this point my animatic was screened in the university cinema, which was rather daunting. However, it did mean I recieved a lot of feedback.
- Although I have replaced most of the drawings and cut down the length, I may have cut it too closely to the music for certain scenes to read correctly.
- The scenes where the sorcerer is ready to kill him but is scared off or interrupted are too long. It seems he should have just killed him already. It needs to be clear he's scared off by the creatures in the walls, too.
- I didn't leave enough time for people to enjoy the horror / comedy of removing a man's brain. Laughter at the screening was cut short because the plot was still moving.
- It wasn't clear to some that the creatures from the walls were an entirely separate group- not on the sorcerer's side, just looking to deal with these intruders making all the noise and throwing caustic substances about. I need to have them attack the sorcerer.
- The creatures weren't scary enough. They look too cheerful and dimwitted. I want them to look crazed and tortured.
Royalty-free music by Kevin MacLeod.